Wednesday 15 February 2017

Here's Smiling At You!


I know yesterday was Valentine's Day, so I'm thinking maybe I should talk about love.  It seems so easy to love and hate should be foreign but, there just seems to be so much hate in the news lately.  I wanted to think that this hatred was just a product of the media and not the general opinion of the public.  People are generally full of love, aren’t they? Not full of hatred or fear at the very least.



Now, I know this doesn't seem scientific but I tried a little experiment over the course of a few days - I tried to just smile at people as I walked past them in the street.  Easy enough right and the theory is that people will just smile back and go about their day.  Now maybe it is just me, a crazy looking middle aged, grey haired guy smiling might be just to weird for people.  Out of 100 + people, maybe 2 people smiled back and one person said good morning.  Smiles are supposed to be contagious, right? 



I'm not asking people to love me, they don't even know me. but does this stem for the fear and hatred that we are inundated with on a daily basis on the new and other media?  I thought it would have been about 50/50 not just 2%.



Just to be clear, I'm willing to love you all!



Smiles!

No comments:

Post a Comment