Sunday 19 February 2017

Start of a new week

Sunday afternoon can be a little depressing.  As the day turns to evening and then night quickly follows, we are reminded that yet another week has completely ended and the new week has begun. Really though, it is the knowledge that our weekend is almost over and the new work week/school week is starting - five more days till the next week end.

Obviously, this is just an exaggeration though.  There are people who really love their jobs and people who enjoy the hustle and bustle of a school week (if you didn't see your friends on the weekend, you knew you'd see them in class!).

But as you get you get older, (yes, I am older!) you realize that it is essentially the speed in which the weekend sped by that frightens you. You never seem to accomplish everything you want to on the weekend.  I was going to write in this blog on Friday night and Saturday, yet time races by and before I know it, I'm in bed wondering were the time has gone.  I was going to paint and I was going to do some DIY my partner wanted done - she is kind that way, always making sure I don't become idle.

Most of it didn't get done yet, although I am being asked to go outside and get some work done on the house.  I also need to get my seed trays ready for the cold frame.  But I'm comfy at the moment writing this on my laptop in my easy chair, watching the birds at the feeders. (The birds had me up early to fill the feeders, so I can't even blame it on sleeping in)

I'm content though, as next weekend it will be the same and life seems to be like the Barenaked Ladies song 'Life, In a Nutshell' when the chorus states:

Her life in a nutshell
No way would she want it to change me
It's not that easy 'cause
My time is often decided for me
For me

It may be true you know, but I think Ferris Bueller said it best: 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment