Monday 20 February 2017

Sunny Days again

Can you feel it? For those of us that are living in the North Hemisphere, the sun is starting to make a come back.  I've been noticing it more and more that there's a little bit more sunshine each day as I make it home from work. (Granted, as we got closer to the winter Solstice, it just seemed to be dark all the time). 

We are only a month away from the Spring Equinox and I have already noticed my moods are improving, I'm more alert and I'm more reluctant to just pull the covers over my head as I press the snooze button for the millionth time.

Could it be the vitamin D or just the expectation of summer?  Well, living in Northern Ireland, I look forward to get my first earlies (potatoes) into the ground on St. Patrick's day, the bulbs in the garden springing to life - snowdrops and crocuses are already out, daffodil and tulips are on their way and the sounds of birds are lively from the early hours. (The robins start their chorus from as early as 5:30 a.m.!)

Spring is a season of new hopes, new beginnings and of course, love! We all know the feeling of 'Spring Fever.' Surprisingly enough beginning shortly after  St. Valentine's Day.

Love you all!

Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment